Account Sales Manager – USA (SIAH)
|Location:||3201 University Drive
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
|Reports To:||VP, Global Sales & Marketing|
|Posting Date:||December 16, 2014|
As a member of the Sales team, the Account Sales Manager reports to the VP, Global Sales and Marketing and plays a critical role in the development, management, and coordination of new business opportunities to meet or exceed company strategic and tactical plans for profitability, growth and market leadership by end market segments. Additionally, Account Sales Manager coordinates project management and pricing strategies at Global OEMs so that Stackpole is aligned worldwide while working closely with Stackpole plant operations and support offices in testing, sampling and product commercialization.
- Primary responsibility is to develop, secure, manage and grow market share of product(s) lines with assigned accounts
- Must be intimately aware of customer strategic goals and initiatives.
- Quoting and supplying total system solutions vs. just component parts
- Work closely with Program Managers and Systems Engineers to achieve positive business growth
- Responsible to profitably grow and manage sales & profitability expectations and develop deep contacts at assigned accounts; Implement pricing actions as required.
- Responsible for getting Stackpole specified on new projects and platforms and project management.
- Conduct and provide industry segment forecast and trend data as required.
- Act as a liaison between customers and company, as well as, manage Customer Scorecard relationship so that Stackpole meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Manages and interacts regularly with internal resources to design, quote and supply custom products or systems.
- Participate as a team member to suggest changes in strategies or services provided to respond to changing market conditions.
- Comprehensive and collaborative business planning.
- May have domestic or international responsibilities.
- Other tasks or duties as assigned.
- A highly organized and systematic approach to account management along with technical selling skills is required for successful account penetration. Experience in recommending the right product to meet customer requirements is an essential skill.
- Comprehensive knowledge of products and markets
- Knowledge of factors affecting profits and ROI
- Demonstrated forecasting and planning skills
- Strong selling, marketing and negotiating skills
- Project Management skills
- Ability to coordinate activities of other team members as needed and manage all aspects of customer programs/systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to represent OEM challenges to the organization for continuous improvement
- Ability to contribute to the development of sales budgets and forecasts
- Ability to provide uncompromised customer service
- Bachelor Degree
- Five (5) years’ plus experience, two (2)years specific
- Able to travel internationally and domestically via and internationally
This position may involve travel extensively based on customer account(s), as well as to Stackpole facilities and at times may require overseas travel
To apply for this position online, please click here.