Product Engineering Specialist – Canada (PMDM)
|Location:||2430 Royal Windsor Drive
Mississauga, Ontario L5J 1K7
|Reports To:||Engineering Manager|
|Posting Date:||March 03, 2017|
The Product Engineering Specialist is responsible for providing support to all engineering activities and initiatives at Stackpole, Powder Metal Division Mississauga (PMDM) focusing on the development of new and existing product lines.
- Provide technical support and support to various teams within Stackpole – PMDM.
- Champion the APQP process and maintain the Master Timeline for the development and launching of new and modified products.
- Participate and provide technical support during external and internal design reviews of products and processes.
- Coordinate and champion the manufacture of prototype (pre-production) parts as required.
- Communicate with customers in a technical capacity to ensure the mutual satisfactory resolution of problems.
- Facilitate team efforts involving the setting of goals, problem solving and maintaining timelines to reach company objectives.
- Gather and analyze data from trials to establish new parameters and process conditions to be implemented in production.
- Transfer knowledge learned in the pre-production and production part approval stages of development to production staff during and after new program launches.
- Guide other members of the department in the completion of daily tasks.
- Lead Continuous improvement initiatives to improve the quality of Stackpole products and to reduce and eliminate waste in the value stream.
- Develop test methods and carry out trials to test hypothesis and determine the effects of proposed changes to production parts and processes. Make recommendations based on the analysis of these results.
- Create and implement new procedures through verbal and written instruction to production staff.
- Develop and update Advanced Product Quality Planning documentation when required. These documents include but are not limited to Process Flow Diagrams, Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis documents and other process specific documents.
- Verify the accuracy and approve product documents when required.
- Work with production to aid in the troubleshooting of production parts and processes; providing support where needed.
- Work on multiple product lines where opportunities exist.
- Work in compliance with Stackpole, PMDM, Quality and HSE policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Strong Computer Skills
- Working knowledge in the use of AutoCad
- Must be a hands-on individual with excellent organizational skills.
- Must have good interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, and ability to confidently interact with all levels in the organization
- Ability to work with others in a team based environment;
- Have previously demonstrated the ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Graduate Engineer or Technologist in a Metallurgical or Mechanical discipline.
Please submit with your resume a cover letter indicating how you meet the requirements for this role. Applications without this information will not be considered.
Stackpole International aspires to be your employer of choice. We are committed to providing: a safe and healthful workplace; fair and equitable treatment in an environment that values diversity and rewards individual and team achievement; opportunities for growth and development; and competitive total compensation programs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are a global company that values diversity. We seek exceptional talent at every employment level, and we reward results. At Stackpole International, we do not just fill jobs – we invest in careers.
To apply for this position online, please click here.