Millwright Mechanic – Canada (PMDM)
|Location:||2430 Royal Windsor Drive
Mississauga, Ontario L5J 1K7
|Reports To:||Maintenance Supervisor|
|Posting Date:||February 22, 2017|
As an integral part of the Maintenance Department the Millwright Mechanic is responsible for all preventative maintenance/repairs of all plant utilities, machinery and processes within the facility.
- Duties encompass preventative maintenance, installations, troubleshooting, modifications and rigging as required.
- Completion of Preventative Maintenance work orders as per the PM schedule, complete and accurate feedback on the PM outlining completion or additional work and materials required to complete the PM.
- Comply with all company safety policies and procedures and ensure all equipment is properly guarded and operating in a safe manner.
- Provide technical support to the Human Resources, Processes, Products and Equipment employed within the departments that you are assigned to on a day-to-day basis
- Ensuring that a smooth “hand-off” occurs with Technical Team Members on other shifts within the departments, so that the communication and transition between shifts is constantly occurring
- Participating in department team meetings to review and resolve quality, service, operations, facilities, human resources and health and safety issues
- Participate in 5 “S” activities.
- Operational problem solving and seeking out continuous improvements to the process;
- Assist in the training and development of new members of the department;
- Measures for success:
- Maximize equipment uptime, minimize equipment breakdowns
- PM effectiveness and reliability, ensure that machines are returned to production ready to make parts
- Effective feedback on equipment issues, after or during PM or breakdown activities, proper spare and material replacement ordering
- Work in compliance with Stackpole PMDM Quality and EHS Policies and Procedures
- Perform other related duties as requested
- Ability to work with others in a team based environment;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and ability to confidently interact with all levels in the organization
- Experience with heavy presses preferred
- Must have an Ontario Trade Certificate as a Millwright or Industrial Mechanic and have at least (3) three years relevant work experience in a manufacturing facility.
Please submit with your resume a cover letter indicating how you meet the requirements for this role. Applications without this information will not be considered.
Stackpole International aspires to be your employer of choice. We are committed to providing: a safe and healthful workplace; fair and equitable treatment in an environment that values diversity and rewards individual and team achievement; opportunities for growth and development; and competitive total compensation programs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are a global company that values diversity. We seek exceptional talent at every employment level, and we reward results. At Stackpole International, we do not just fill jobs – we invest in careers.
To apply for this position online, please click here.