Financial Analyst – Canada (PMDM)
|Location:||2430 Royal Windsor Drive
Mississauga, Ontario L5J 1K7
|Reports To:||Divisional Controller|
|Posting Date:||March 08, 2017|
The Financial Analyst is responsible for assisting the Divisional Controller with daily and monthly responsibilities which include month end close, budgeting, forecasting, standard cost implementation and expense analysis.
- Assist management in building annual budgets, long range financial plans, forecasts and key management assumptions to head counts, cost savings, capital planning, etc.
- Assist in month end closings while preparing journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist in analysis of major variances to budget.
- Use customer releases to prepare rolling sales forecasts
- Prepare weekly/monthly reports to operating managers for key expenses (supplies, maintenance, tooling, etc.).
- Prepare weekly reports on sales and key income statement indicators and compare to budgets.
- Assist in preparing support for capital expenditure requests. Monitor progress of expenditures to budget.
- Provide analyses to external auditors as required.
- Assist with standard cost implementation and updating BOMs (Bill of Material) for new products/parts
- Review invoices input by Accounts Payable for accuracy and validity
- Collaborate with Corporate Accounts Receivable to maintain AR Ageing and adequate collection of receivables
- Assist with tracking and invoicing for customer owned tooling
- Ad hoc projects as necessary
- Work in compliance with Stackpole Powder Metal Division – Mississauga (PMDM) Quality and EHS Policies and Procedures
- All other related duties as assigned
- Excellent understanding and thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is an asset
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel) is required
- Experience with Solarsoft (CMS) and IBM Cognos is an asset
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Ability to interact effectively with management, facility personnel, auditors and various finance personnel at other divisions
- Must have good interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, and ability to confidently interact with all levels in the organization
- Business Degree with an accounting major; consideration will be given to candidates with professional accounting designation
Please submit with your resume a cover letter indicating how you meet the requirements for this role. Applications without this information will not be considered.
Stackpole International aspires to be your employer of choice. We are committed to providing: a safe and healthful workplace; fair and equitable treatment in an environment that values diversity and rewards individual and team achievement; opportunities for growth and development; and competitive total compensation programs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are a global company that values diversity. We seek exceptional talent at every employment level, and we reward results. At Stackpole International, we do not just fill jobs – we invest in careers.
To apply for this position online, please click here.