CNC Equipment Operator – Canada (PMDM)
|Location:||2430 Royal Windsor Drive
Mississauga, Ontario L5J 1K7
|Reports To:||Production Supervisor|
|Shift:||Day, Afternoon, Night, Continental|
|Posting Date:||October 7, 2015|
There are currently a total of six (6) open positions
As a member of the Manufacturing Team, the CNC Equipment Operator is responsible for producing quality parts at a low cost and on time to the customer. CNC Equipment Operator will operate the CNC equipment safely and efficiently.
- Maintain continuous operation of the CNC equipment to produce quality parts. Operate machine, turn on/off, adjust if required, validate process gauges as required,
- Load and unload parts into machine ensuring proper orientation and location,
- Monitor machine operation to detect issues to notify their supervisors in the event of a
- Complete all necessary paperwork (ie. trend charts, in-process and first off inspections, TPM, reject improvement tracking sheet, production tracking)
- Effectively communicate any visual or dimensional defects.
- Keep work area clean and organized, maintain 5S standards
- Perform routine maintenance checks on equipment. Complete TPM which includes safety checks prior to shift commencement. Equipment must be thoroughly checked by the operator.
- Identify more effective and efficient means by which to complete assigned tasks, seek out continuous improvement by participating in Winner’s Circle Program and demonstrate environmental awareness.
- Work in compliance with Stackpole PMDM Quality and HS&E Policies and Procedures
- Collecting, reporting and acting on performance measures of the Manufacturing Area
- Assist in the training and development of new members of the Manufacturing Team
- Performing various functions and assisting in other areas as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must have Certificate of qualification in operating CNC equipment, with a basic understanding of CNC programming.
- Proven mechanical aptitude and be mathematically proficient;
- Work effectively in a team based environment, able to work with others and be involved in a participatory discussion and decision making process within the team
- Able to interact, communicate both verbally and written with all levels of the organization
- Must be familiar with the use of micrometers and other measuring instruments;
- Must be familiar with metric and imperial measurements and SPC charting.
Please submit with you resume a cover letter indicating how you meet the requirements for this role. Applications without this information will not be considered.
To apply for this position online, please click here.